Versatile gaming monitor with immersive IPS 21:9 Curved UltraWide™ field of view
and a 144Hz (Overclock 166Hz) refresh rate featuring NVIDIA G-Sync™.
The LG UltraWide™ Monitor 34UC89G will be given to the Top 6 heroes who successfully clear the 2ndQuest.
The grand prize is a gaming setup totaling $10,000.
(*Additional $8,000 worth of additional products will be given on top
of the $2,000 worth gaming setup won during the Final Quest)
The Top3 heroes will be awarded $2,000 worth gaming setup.
The 6 participants who successfully clear the 2nd Quest
will receive the LG UltraWide™ Monitor 34UC89G.
(*Top3 Heroes will be given the opportunity to meet our famous
YouTuber judges, Linus Tech Tips and Austin Evans.)
The 50 participants who successfully clear the 1st Quest
will receive a $50 Steam coupon.
LG Ultrawide Festival 2017
1. Is there an age limit for participants?
No. However, please be advised that the Final Quest event for the top 3 participants will be held in Canada and if you are under 18 years old and need to travel internationally for the event, certain restrictions might apply. Please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/minors.asp for more details.
2. Are there restrictions against people of certain nationalities?
No, there are NO restrictions on participants’ nationality. However, English will be the language used throughout the campaign.
3. Can information submitted in the application be changed after submittal?
The information cannot be changed once it has been submitted. If you would like to change some of your information, you can simply reapply with the same e-mail account you used for the previous application, within application period. Should you reapply by using the same e-mail account, the application with the most recently submitted information will be counted as the valid version.
4. On which social media should I upload my video for the 1st Quest and 2nd Quest?
For the 1st Quest participants should use YouTube, Facebook or Instagram only.
For the 2nd Quest participants should use YouTube only.
5. I have not received an e-mail from LG confirming receipt of my application after my submittal.
Sometimes, we have found our confirmation mail is filtered out as spam. And for certain e-mail services, the mail goes straight into the spam mail folder, while for others, it does not even reach the inbox or spam mail folder due to particular settings of your account. If you did not receive our confirmation of receipt message, please contact us at [email protected].
6. Is participation registration based on our email address?
In principle, the participant should apply only once with his or her e-mail account. When submitted using the same e-mail account you used for your previous application, the application with the information submitted most recently will be counted as the valid version. In case one of the Top 50 participants has more than one application selected, the participant will proceed in the campaign with one unique application.
7. What is the standard time zone of the campaign?
All timeline schedules related to the campaign are on Pacific Daylight Time.
8. What are the selection criteria?
For the 1st Quest participants, the Top 50 are selected based on the total number of Likes and Shares of their video posted on their social media channels.
2nd Quest winners are selected based 50% on user votes, and 50% on scoring by the judges and LG Electronics.
The Final Quest will result in a grand prize winner based on the judges’ scoring.
9. What happens if there is a tie?
When totaling all the Likes and Shares from the participating individual’s social media channels for determining the Top 50, a tie may occur. In this case, the participant who uploaded their video first will be selected.
10. Who pays for taxes on prizes?
1) LG Electronics will bear the customs duties incurred when delivering prizes.
2) LG Electronics is not responsible for any taxes that may be incurred by a country, except for customs duties incurred in the delivery of prizes. Other taxes and duties are the responsibility of the recipient who receives the prizes.
11. Is it possible to use specific game images or footage when making videos for the 1st and 2nd Quest entries?
Participants must check with each game publisher's policy about using specific gameplay images and footage of their games before creating and registering the video on their social media channels. By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of the LG UltraWide Festival 2017: Dream Quest Campaign, participant warrants that the video will not include any content that is in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or other’s rights. LG Electronics is not responsible for any issues arising out of or related to the contents of participant’s video.
12. Do I have to show my face and gaming setup on my 1st Quest video?
The PR video for the 1st Quest application requires clear showing of your face and the gaming setup you currently have. We ask for your cooperation, as this is to prevent videos that do not fit the purpose of the campaign from being produced and shared.
13. How long should the 1st Quest or 2nd Quest application video be?
Each application video for the 1st Quest and 2nd Quest should be no longer than 144 seconds.
14. How do I make a video that expresses the key features of the LG UltraWide™ Monitor 34UC89G in the 2nd Quest?
Familiarize yourself with the Key Features of the LG UltraWide™ Monitor 34UC89G and present at least one of the three characteristics in your own creative concept. If necessary, you may download product images provided on the campaign site.
15. Can I make a product comparison with competing brands when creating a video about product characteristics in the 2nd Quest?
Comparisons with other competing products or other models are strictly prohibited. Also, we will not respond to any questions related to comparison with other products.
16. Does the number of Likes and Shares earned during the 2nd Quest affect the quest results?
The Likes and Shares you get from your uploaded post to YouTube will not affect the quest results for the 2nd Quest. Evaluation will proceed using User Votes from the homepage, and scores from the judges and LG Electronics.