One step closer to ultimate victory. Your missions? Shoot a video in your own creative style showcasing
the LG UltraWide™ Monitor 34UC89G’s key features. Then, submit a concept
and components list of your gaming setup for a chance to reach the Final Quest.
Show us your gaming setup concept! Make a component list (including the LG UltraWide™ Monitor 34UC89G).
2-1. Develop Dream Gaming Setup
Create your dream gaming setup concept around the LG UltraWide™ Monitor 34UC89G. The total cost of components other than the monitor must be $2,000 or less.
2-2. Create Dream Component List
Make your list of components that will accompany the LG UltraWide™ Monitor 34UC89G, to complete your dream gaming setup.
3. Complete the Application
Click the URL in your winner notification email to access and submit the 2nd Quest Application Form. The “Accept Quest” button will appear in the provided URL only.
4. Get Votes!
Promote your video to earn the most votes. Videos are accessible via the campaign website. Videos can also be viewed on YouTube, but votes must be cast by clicking the “vote” button on the campaign website.
Sub Quest Winner will be selected randomly among people who have casted their votes. Winner will be informed through the social media account that they have used for voting.
LG Ultrawide Festival 2017 Dream Quest
2nd Quest - Judging In Progress
Attention all heroes, 2nd Quest voting is complete.
Vote Tallying Period
Sep 10th - Sep 11th
Results are under way after the assessment. Results will be revealed on Sept 12th.
LG Ultrawide Festival 2017 Dream Quest
2nd Quest Winner Announcement
Congratulations to all the winning heroes!
Check out the Top 6 heroes who successfully cleared the 2nd Quest and the Top 3 heroes entering the Final Quest.
*Top 3 Heroes : Individual emails were sent with details for entering the Final Quest. Please check your email for more information. Your response regarding participation is required.
Top 6 heroes
Top 3 Hero Finalists
Sub Quest 1 Winner Announcement
Thank you all for participating in the Second Quest Voting event. From among the participating user voters, we have selected one winner by random drawing to receive an LG UltraWide™ Monitor 34UC89G. Congratulations to our winner!
Winner Shao ******
*The winner will be contacted via their registered social media account to verify their personal information and shipping address.
LG Ultrawide Festival 2017 Dream Quest
Dream Quest FAQ
1. Is there an age limit for participants? No. However, please be advised that the Final Quest event for the top 3 participants will be held in Canada and if you are under 18 years old and need to travel internationally for the event, certain restrictions might apply. Please visit
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/minors.asp for more details.
2. Are there restrictions against people of certain nationalities? No, there are NO restrictions on participants’ nationality. However, English will be the language used throughout the campaign.
3. Can information submitted in the application be changed after submittal? The information cannot be changed once it has been submitted. If you would like to change some of your information, you can simply reapply with the same e-mail account you used for the previous application, within application period. Should you reapply by using the same e-mail account, the application with the most recently submitted information will be counted as the valid version.
4. On which social media should I upload my video for the 1st Quest and 2nd Quest? For the 1st Quest participants should use YouTube, Facebook or Instagram only. For the 2nd Quest participants should use YouTube only.
5. I have not received an e-mail from LG confirming receipt of my application after my submittal. Sometimes, we have found our confirmation mail is filtered out as spam. And for certain e-mail services, the mail goes straight into the spam mail folder, while for others, it does not even reach the inbox or spam mail folder due to particular settings of your account. If you did not receive our confirmation of receipt message, please contact us at [email protected].
6. Is participation registration based on our email address? In principle, the participant should apply only once with his or her e-mail account. When submitted using the same e-mail account you used for your previous application, the application with the information submitted most recently will be counted as the valid version. In case one of the Top 50 participants has more than one application selected, the participant will proceed in the campaign with one unique application.
7. What is the standard time zone of the campaign? All timeline schedules related to the campaign are on Pacific Daylight Time.
8. What are the selection criteria? For the 1st Quest participants, the Top 50 are selected based on the total number of Likes and Shares of their video posted on their social media channels. 2nd Quest winners are selected based 50% on user votes, and 50% on scoring by the judges and LG Electronics. The Final Quest will result in a grand prize winner based on the judges’ scoring.
9. What happens if there is a tie? When totaling all the Likes and Shares from the participating individual’s social media channels for determining the Top 50, a tie may occur. In this case, the participant who uploaded their video first will be selected.
10. Who pays for taxes on prizes? 1) LG Electronics will bear the customs duties incurred when delivering prizes. 2) LG Electronics is not responsible for any taxes that may be incurred by a country, except for customs duties incurred in the delivery of prizes. Other taxes and duties are the responsibility of the recipient who receives the prizes.
11. Is it possible to use specific game images or footage when making videos for the 1st and 2nd Quest entries? Participants must check with each game publisher's policy about using specific gameplay images and footage of their games before creating and registering the video on their social media channels. By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of the LG UltraWide Festival 2017: Dream Quest Campaign, participant warrants that the video will not include any content that is in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or other’s rights. LG Electronics is not responsible for any issues arising out of or related to the contents of participant’s video.
12. Do I have to show my face and gaming setup on my 1st Quest video? The PR video for the 1st Quest application requires clear showing of your face and the gaming setup you currently have. We ask for your cooperation, as this is to prevent videos that do not fit the purpose of the campaign from being produced and shared.
13. How long should the 1st Quest or 2nd Quest application video be? Each application video for the 1st Quest and 2nd Quest should be no longer than 144 seconds.
14. How do I make a video that expresses the key features of the LG UltraWide™ Monitor 34UC89G in the 2nd Quest? Familiarize yourself with the Key Features of the LG UltraWide™ Monitor 34UC89G and present at least one of the three characteristics in your own creative concept. If necessary, you may download product images provided on the campaign site.
15. Can I make a product comparison with competing brands when creating a video about product characteristics in the 2nd Quest? Comparisons with other competing products or other models are strictly prohibited. Also, we will not respond to any questions related to comparison with other products.
16. Does the number of Likes and Shares earned during the 2nd Quest affect the quest results? The Likes and Shares you get from your uploaded post to YouTube will not affect the quest results for the 2nd Quest. Evaluation will proceed using User Votes from the homepage, and scores from the judges and LG Electronics.
LG Ultrawide Festival 2017 Dream Quest
Terms AND Conditions
Information on how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”). Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of the Terms by each participant.
English will be the language used throughout the campaign and all timeline schedules related to the campaign are in the Pacific Daylight Time Zone.
Any costs associated with entering the promotion, including accessing the promotional website, are the responsibility of each participant.
Subject to the Terms, participants in this promotion is open only to those who (a) hold social media accounts including YouTube, Facebook or Instagram along with a valid email address, (b) comply with all claim requirements, (c) submit a claim form in accordance with the Terms, and (d) do not in any way tamper with the claim process and/or the offer.
The Promoter is LG Electronics Inc. LG Twin Tower, 128 Yeoui-daero, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul, 07336, Korea.
Employees and directors of the Promoter and their immediate families, Promoter’s related companies, and their employees, directors, advisors, consultants, agencies, and judges involved or associated with this promotion are not eligible to make a claim.
The promotion commences on August 14th, 2017 and ends on October 4th , 2017 (“Promotional Period”)
How to Enter
During the Promotional Period:
This promotion is open worldwide.
There are no age restrictions for participating in this event. However, be advised that the top 3 participants for the final round are required to physically be present at the event site. If the participant cannot attend the offline Final Quest event, or he or she is restricted from travelling overseas, the participant automatically waives the $2,000 USD PC gaming setup prize and cannot compete for the final prize. Entrance into Canada is necessary to participate in the Final Quest, and any participant under the age of 18 will be required to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/minors.asp for more details.
This promotion has three rounds.
1st Quest (First Round)
1st Quest entry period is from August 14th, 2017 to August 23rd, 2017.
For the 1st Quest, participants are required to create a video showing his or her own gaming setup with their face in the clip and include an explanation of why they need to have the new LG UltraWide™ Monitor 34UC89G.
The video clip should be no longer than 144 seconds.
Participant should post the created video clip in his social media account (YouTube, Facebook or Instagram) and include the following four hashtags: #LGUltraWide #LGUltraWideFestival #DreamQuest #34UC89G
After uploading the created video on their social media account, participants are required to fill out the application available at www.ultrawidefestival.com with the link to the YouTube, Facebook or Instagram video post made by the participants themselves to complete the 1st Quest submission.
Promoter will select top 50 participants from 1st Quest to participate in the 2nd Quest. Top 50 participants will be selected by total social action numbers (likes and shares) of participants 144 seconds video clip post.
1st Quest judging will be conducted from August 24th, 2017 to August 27th, 2017.
Promoter will announce all Top 50 participants’ names on the respective campaign web page www.ultrawidefestival.com on August 28th, 2017.
2nd Quest (Second Round)
2nd Quest entry period is from August 29th, 2017 to September 3rd, 2017.
Top 50 participants will receive an email from LG UltraWide Festival team with the appropriate link to apply for the 2nd Quest submission.
For the 2nd Quest, participants are required to create a list of components that total an amount not to exceed $2,000 USD, to create a PC gaming setup that can maximize the three key features of LG UltraWide™ Monitor 34UC89G. Participants must also explain their concept for the $2,000 USD PC gaming setup.
Also, participants are required to create a video presenting at least one of the three key features of the LG UltraWide™ Monitor 34UC89G in their own creative way, and upload it on the participant’s YouTube account only. The posting should include the following four hashtags: #LGUltraWide #LGUltraWideFestival #DreamQuest #34UC89G
The video clip should be no longer than 144 seconds.
Top 6 participants from the 2nd Quest will be selected by the score which will be the sum of 50% user voting for the video clip in the campaign website and 50% of the scores from campaign judges and LG Electronics Inc. of the video clip and PC gaming setup list.
2nd Quest user voting and judging will be conducted from September 4th, 2017 to September 9th, 2017. The Promoter will do the sum evaluation process from September 10th, 2017 to September 11th, 2017.
Promoter will announce all Top 6 participants’ names on the respective campaign web page www.ultrawidefestival.com on September 12th, 2017.
Final Quest (Final Round)
Top 3 participants from the 2nd Quest will be notified via e-mail regarding the Final Quest.
Top 3 participants from the 2nd Quest will rendezvous the two judges at Linus Media Group Studio located at Surrey, BC Canada. Promoter will cover top 3 participants flight and hotel to attend Final Quest event on October 1st, 2017 to October 3rd, 2017.
Final Quest process will be filmed at Linus Media Group Studio where the top 3 participants will assemble their components in accordance with the submitted gaming setup list during a certain allotted time.
Based on the assembled gaming PC setup and test with LG UltraWide™ Monitor 34UC89G, the final winner will be selected solely by the judges’ evaluation score.
Final Quest will have just one winner
Promoter will announce the final winner name on the respective campaign web page www.ultrawidefestival.com on October 4th, 2017.
All participants must complete all required items specified in the entry form.
The Promoter reserves in its absolute discretion the right to verify the validity and nature of entries, and to disqualify any entry or participant that in the opinion of the Promoter,
includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory, or defamatory statements,
tampers with the entry process,
submits an entry that is not in accordance with the Terms, or
engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter.
Participants agree that they are fully responsible for the video they submit for the entry. The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for the content of the video(“Content”) to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Each participant warrants and represents that:
they will not submit any Content:
that is unlawful or fraudulent,
that is in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or other’s rights,
that is defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin, or gender, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content, to the uses and terms herein;
their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and
they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems;
if the Content includes game images or footage, participant has checked the game publisher's policy on the use of gameplay images and footage, and has obtained necessary permission from the game publisher to use the images or footage in the Content. Promoter is not responsible for any issues arising out of or related to the Content.
Without prejudice to any other terms herein, the participant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Promoter from any loss, expenses, and claims which may arise out of any breach of the preceding participant’s warranties and representations.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify participants’ submitted YouTube, Facebook, or Instagram link, or the link to the posting the participants published if the landing content contains any offensive, obscene, or objectionable material in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, and the participant will be informed accordingly.
50 participants selected in the 1st Quest will receive each $50 USD Steam gift card.
Top 6 participants selected in the 2nd Quest will receive each 1 unit of LG UltraWide™ Monitor 34UC89G.
Only the top 3 participants from the 2nd Quest will be able to participate in the Final Quest event. Top 3 participants should attend the event in Canada to be able to produce and receive their $2,000 USD PC gaming setup. In case one of the Top 3 participants cannot attend the event, participant automatically waives the $2,000 USD PC gaming setup prize and cannot compete for the final prize.
Final Quest winner will be awarded with $8,000 USD in sponsorship products that are related to the PC gaming setup by LG Electronics Inc. The $8,000 USD will not be provided in cash out (A total worth of $ 10,000 USD for the gaming setups).
All participants selected will be contacted during the campaign to receive the related prize.
If any participants participate in the event in inappropriate and/or fraudulent way, such participants shall be disqualified from receiving the prize.
Any evidence of manipulation will cause automatic disqualification and cancellation. This may be applicable also after the prize has been awarded.
This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. Except for customs duties, the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
Participants can only enter in their own name or account ID. The Promoter reserves the right to request all participants to produce (within a reasonable period of time) appropriate YouTube, Facebook or Instagram video identification or other documentation (to the Promoter's reasonable satisfaction) in order to confirm each participant's identity, age, residential address and email address, eligibility to enter and any information submitted by the participants in entering the promotion, before issuing the prize. If the documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) or an entry has not been verified or validated to the Promoter's satisfaction within the time requested, that participant's entry will become invalid.
If any prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter's reasonable control, then a similar prize of equal or greater value will be awarded in lieu, subject to the approval of relevant regulatory authorities.
All links to the social media publications submitted by the participant can be used by the Promoter who may incorporate the content as part of its campaign promotion. As a condition of entering into this promotion, each participant agrees to grant the Promoter unconditional permission to use the video for such use. Each participant warrants to the Promoter that each video submitted is an original work of the participant that does not infringe on the rights of any third party. The participant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all costs and claims by third parties arising from a breach of this warranty. Participants consent to any use of their YouTube, Facebook or Instagram video content, which may otherwise infringe upon their moral rights pursuant to the copyright laws of any jurisdiction.
The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies (including their respective officers, employees and agents) shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss)or damage in connection with this offer or using the prize, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
Certain legislation may imply warranties or conditions or impose obligations upon the Promoter which cannot be, or may only be to a limited extent, excluded, restricted or modified. The Terms must be read subject to those statutory provisions. The Terms will not affect any statutory rights that a claimant may have.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any participant for tampering with the entry process, submitting an entry which is not in accordance with the Terms or if the participant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter.
The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone or network or lines, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on a mobile network, or any combination thereof, or any other technical failures including any damage to participant's or any other person's mobile handset or computer related to, or resulting from, participation in this promotion or the downloading of any materials related to this promotion.
If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify or delay the promotion, subject to any written directions made under applicable State or Territory legislation.
Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage the Promoter's promotional website or the information on the website, to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal functioning of the website, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these conditions of entry or any other legal obligation by a participant, the participant agrees to indemnify the promoter for those losses, damages and costs.
The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, YouTube, Facebook or Instagram, LLC. By entering, you understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to YouTube, Facebook or Instagram LLC.
YouTube is a trademark of YouTube, LLC, Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc. and Instagram is a trademark of Instagram, LLC.
For further event-related questions, you may direct your inquiry to the e-mail address, [email protected]